Perthshire offers a variety of breath-taking scenery combined with a vibrant and cosmopolitan city surrounded by picturesque rural villages and hamlets. Highland Perthshire also rises to the peaks of Schiehallion and Ben Lawers for the more adventurous.
The ‘Fair City’ of Perth
Nestled between expanses of open parkland and situated on the banks of the River Tay, Perth offers a host of attractions for both visitors and locals alike including:
- Perth Concert Hall – an innovatively designed auditorium which attracts premier performers and makes an ideal venue for conferences and events
- Scone Palace, the original home of The Stone of Destiny and one of Scotland’s most important stately homes
- Perth’s famous racecourse which has built a national reputation for fantastic racing, a thrilling atmosphere, beautiful surroundings and the very best in Scottish hospitality
- A High Street and Shopping Centre full of a variety of well-known names as well as independent boutiques and a wealth of places to eat and drink
- Leisure pool, ice arena and a selection of challenging golf courses
- Art galleries & Museums
- An abundance of tranquil, beautiful parkland and colourful gardens
Out & about
The city also boasts a range of outdoor activities including golfing, canoeing, kayaking, abseiling, climbing and biking for groups and families. The nearby town of Crieff also plays host to the coveted The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret , Scotland’s oldest working distillery. The nearby Gleneagles Hotel in Auchterarder features three championship golf courses which are regarded among the very best in the world.
As you can see, there are lots of reasons to live in Perthshire so why not have a look at our range of properties for sale https://www.blackadders.co.uk/property/residential or give one of our team a call on (01738) 500600.
Property Manager – Perth